> 20 Minutes or Less
> Biscuits and Gravy
A hearty classic you'll love to have for your weekend mornings! Enjoy with scrambled eggs or sliced fruits.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. lard
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
1. Heat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Cut in the lard with a fork until the entire mixture has a crumbly texture.
3. Add milk until the flour is entirely wet, and then knead the dough to capture all of the ingredients.
4. Lightly flour the countertops or prep station and roll out the dough until it’s approximately half an inch thick.
5. Cut out preferred biscuit sizes and place on a greased baking sheet.
6. Cook the biscuits at 450 degrees until golden brown (approximately 10-15 minutes depending on the size).
1. Combine 2 cups flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt. Mix well.
2. Fold in 1 1/3 cup nonfat yogurt.
3. Sear the sausage on a skillet.
4. Combine ¼ cup flour with 2 cups of milk, and slowly add the mixture over the sausage at a medium heat. Continue stirring for even temperatures. Salt and pepper to taste, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
5. Plate the biscuits, slice open, and pour the sausage gravy over the biscuits while they’re still hot.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?