This rich vinaigrette is great for dressing hearty root vegetable salads, or for simply tossing with roasted vegetables.
- 12 tbsp. butter
- 6 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped shallot or red onion
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook the butter in a pan over medium heat until dark brown bits begin to form at the bottom of the pan and the butter smells fragrant, nutty, and sweet. The butter should darken and turn brown. Be careful not to burn the butter. Once butter is browned, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine vinegar, onion, and mustard in a blender and blend on low. Slowly stream in the oil, followed by the butter, to emulsify. (if you try to blend all of the ingredients together at once, your vinaigrette will break).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and allow to stand at room temperature until ready to serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?