> 20 Minutes or Less
This rich, savory, Italian classic is perfect all year round.
- 1 pound fettucine pasta
- 8 strips bacon
- 1 cup peas, frozen, thawed
- 4 oz. parmesan, fresh
- 8 egg yolks, whisked together
- Cook the pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan, and roughly chop.
- Add the peas to the same pan in which you cooked the bacon, and cook in the bacon grease until heated through. Turn off the heat, but leave the pan on to stay warm.
- When the pasta is cooked, reserve about a cup of the pasta water, and drain the rest. Add the cooked pasta to the bacon pan with the peas and stir to combine. Drizzle the whisked egg yolks over the pasta, and stir to evenly coat the noodles. The heat from the noodles will gently cook the eggs. Add some of the reserved pasta water to loosen the noodles from one another and create a light sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the pasta onto four plates and top with a generous amount of freshly grated parmesan. Serve.
Note: Fresh parmesan is essential to this recipe. The parmesan should come as a block, and not pre-shredded or grated. We recommend Bel Gioioso parmesan, aged for 10 months. It is available in most grocery stores.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?