No Dairy French Onion Soup
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
Source: Chef Paul Allen
Perfect for the Winter time!
- 4 Yellow or White Onions, Sliced
- 2 Bunch Green Onions, small dice
- 1 qt Beef Stock
- 2 Medium Sized Tomatoes, Small Dice
- 1 qt Water or Optional 1 qt Chicken Stock (makes for a richer flavor)
- Optional 1 cup white wine (what ever your sipping on, enhances flavor)
- 1 Head of Garlic, Peeled and rough cut
- 1.5 Oz of Brandi
- 1 Seasoning Packet from Farm 2 Counter (Thyme, Peanut Oil, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Bay Leaf)
Sautee all onions and garlic in Seasoning/Oil packet. Cook on med heat for 6-12 min stirring all the time. Deglaze with the brandi and white wine if you have some. Add Beef Stock and water (or chicken stock if you have it) and tomatoes. (Also know you can sub with veggie stock to make this dish vegan friendly) Bring to a boil then simmer for 35-45 minutes.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?