These unique potatoes are a great change up from your typical baked potato side.
- 4 russet potatoes, washed, skin on
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, cut vertically across the potatoes, almost do the bottom, leaving about a quarter of an inch uncut at the bottom of the potatoes. You can use two wooden spoons, one on either side of the potato, to help guide you, so that you don't cut all the way through.
- Brush the potatoes generously with butter, making sure to get in between the slices of potato. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake the potatoes for 45 minutes. Remove, add the cheddar cheese, and bake again for another 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and chives, and serve.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?